Jeffrey Lee M.D., D.M.D.
Dr. Jeffrey Lee is one of the select Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons who has been certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. This certification is acheived by surgeons who pass a rigorous test and become a Diplomat. Dr. Lee emphasizes research and teaching. Following his Doctorate in Dental Medicine (DMD), he completed his Doctorate in Medicine (MD).
Dr. Lee extended his training through an externship in head and neck surgical oncology, trauma and reconstructive surgery in England. He also received his Fellowships in Maxillofacial Surgery and cosmetic surgery, with special emphasis on facial and jaw reconstructions, TMJ problems and arthroscopic surgery. Additionally, he has volunteered in surgical missions to help underprivileged children in Mexico born with facial and oral birth defects.
Very few oral and maxillofacial surgeons can match the skill and artistic eye of Dr. Lee. With years of experience in aesthetics, and trained as a Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Lee provides his patients with beautiful, natural results they cannot achieve elsewhere.
Education & Training
- Graduate of the Occidental College, 1981
- Externship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1982
- Doctorate in Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 1987
- Doctorate in Medicine, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 1990
- Internship in General Surgery, University of Connecticut, 1991
- Elective in head and neck surgical oncology, trauma and reconstructive surgery, United Kingdom, 1992
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Connecticut, 1992
- Fellowship at the Pacific Clinical Research Foundation, 1993 for jaw, arthroscopic TMJ and facial surgery
- Fellowship sponsored by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, 1996
- Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Jeffrey Lee is a Member of:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- OC Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Dr. Jeffrey Lee, M.D., D.M.D. has been in practice as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon since 1993.
- Dr. Lee’s extensive training includes a Doctorate in Medicine (MD).
- He is trained in state-of-the-art technologies and is continually updating his education as advances are made.
- Communication with our patients is key. Dr Lee personally assists each patient with making proper decisions regarding the most beneficial treatment for their individual needs.
- The steps for each procedure are discussed so that the patient is thoroughly informed.
- Our office provides a professional, comfortable environment with a friendly bedside manner.
- Wisdom Tooth Extractions
- All Tooth Extractions
- Tooth Re-implantations
- Tooth Uprighting
- Surgical Exposure/Gold Chain Ligation of Teeth
- Crown Lengthening
- Pathology-soft and hard tissue biopsies
- Cyst and Tumor Removals
Implant & Pre-Prosthetic
- Dental Implants
- Sinus Lift
- Distraction Osteogenesis (bone regeneration procedure)
- Bone Graft Reconstruction
- Gum Reconstruction
- TMJ Treatment/Surgery
- TMJ Splint
- Sleep Apnea
- Apicoectomy (surgical root tip removal)
- Same day appointments (in most cases)
- Trauma Surgery (broken jaw, facial injuries, lacerations, etc.)
- Tooth Stabilization
- Reconstructive Jaw Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery